2019 Ford Escape Gets Safer and Smarter
The Ford Escape has always been a safe SUV, but now it’s even safer thanks to the addition of the Ford Safe and Smart™ Package. Available on select trims, this package helps keep drivers and their passengers safer every time they take off down the road. So much so, that the vehicle was awarded a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Whether you’re thinking about getting an Escape from Ernest McCarty Ford or you already drive one, take a closer look at what it can do to protect you behind the wheel.
Overview of the Ford Safe & Smart™ Package
The package is optional for all trim levels starting from the SE. It utilizes the latest, most advanced driver technology to bring you greater peace of mind. If you select this package, your 2019 Ford Escape will come equipped with the following:
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert. Blind spots are always causing problems, but not anymore. The Escape’s advanced blind spot monitoring system comes in handy while trying to change lanes and while backing up out of a parking spot. If there’s a car in either of your blind spots, you’ll know.
- Lane-Keeping System. Drifting out of your lane can be dangerous, especially when driving on crowded city streets or busy highways. If it happens, the Escape has you covered. When it detects you’ve gone over the lines, the steering wheel will start vibrating to get your attention and let you know you need to move back over.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support. While driving, the Escape keeps a close eye on the vehicle in front of you. If the system thinks there might be a potential collision, it’ll flash a warning, sound an alarm and pre-charge the brakes. All this is to alert you and give you enough time to brake or move out of the way and potentially avoid an accident. The Adaptive Cruise Control will maintain your speed as well as pre-set gaps from the car in front of you for added safety. So if that car starts to slow down, yours will, too.
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps. When you’re driving at night with your high beams on, sometimes it’s easy to forget to switch them off for approaching cars. But the 2019 Ford Escape can take care of this for you. When enabled, this feature detects when other cars are approaching and automatically turns the high beams off. It’s a convenience to you and makes it easier for oncoming traffic to see where they’re going.
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers. The wipers can detect rain and react fast to make sure you can see clearly. When it stops raining, they’ll automatically stop, which means there’s one less thing for you to worry about.
More Safety Features to Discover
The 2019 Ford Escape redesign offers more technology features where those came from. Of course, we have to mention AdvanceTrac® with RSC (Roll Stability Control™), which comes standard. It helps keep you steady on curves and rough terrain. And let’s not forget about Enhanced Active Park Assist that makes parallel parking a breeze. As you can see, the list of safety features goes on and on. If you have any questions about the SUV’s safety, reach out to Ernest McCarty Ford. You can also test drive a 2019 Ford Escape to see how it handles for yourself when you stop by the dealership today.